Gerrymanders, Trump Rallies and the Truth
1. John Gastil at the Monkey Cage on how Republican gerrymanders might backfire.
2. Tom Holbrook looks at how the states are staying the same -- and changing -- in presidential voting.
3. Matthew Dickinson reports from a Donald Trump rally. I’m not inclined to take what these voters say about their motives at face value, but it’s still useful to collect what they say.
4. Jared Bernstein on how the $15 minimum wage is working out in Seattle.
5. Grace Sparks at the Huffington Post looks at how the vice presidential candidates are doing so far. Interesting, but the biggest news is that they’ve mostly disappeared -- which, in my view, confirms they were both excellent picks (at least for the election).
6. And David A. Fahrenthold and Robert O’Harrow Jr. about the time that Trump’s failure to tell the truth was tested within the legal system.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org