Gold-Medal Liars and Conspiracy Theories
1. Dan Drezner on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and the truth.
2. Joseph Uscinski at the Monkey Cage on U.S. voters who easily jump to conspiracy theories about stolen elections. Yes, there are plenty of them. Yes, from both parties.
3. Also at the Monkey Cage: Amy S. Patterson on the lessons the fight against Ebola gives us for fighting Zika.
4. Rick Hasen on the voting wars.
5. T. Becket Adams notes that only the Clinton campaign was ready for the Olympics. Not mentioned: The Clinton Twitter feed is much more active than Trump’s in congratulating winners. Again, having a fully staffed, professional campaign shows up in all kinds of ways.
6. Slate’s Fred Kaplan on Trump’s foreign policy.
7. And David Weigel reports on the latest conservative myth: Clinton health problems.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com