Protests, Bounces, Patriotism and Anxiety
1. “Anxious citizens want expertise, not just threatening rhetoric”: Bethany Albertson and Shana Kushner Gadarian at Mischiefs of Faction.
2. Rick Hasen on the court decision knocking down North Carolina’s voter ID law.
3. At the Monkey Cage, Shan-Jan Sarah Liu, Patricia Posey and Kevin Reuning on the protesters outside the convention in Philadelphia.
4. Dave Hopkins on the two parties and their conventions.
5. Natalie Jackson at the Huffington Post on convention bounces.
6. Heather Hurlburt at Democracy on foreign policy and the Democratic convention.
7. At Slate, Jamelle Bouie on the Democrats’ patriotism.
8. Did Democrats avoid talking about the Supreme Court vacancy in Philadelphia to make it easier to pick a different nominee if Clinton wins? That’s what Jason Steed suspects.
9. A useful convention count from Jeremy Art.
10. Reid Wilson at the Hill has a useful update on statewide ballot measures for November.
11. And Andrew Sprung on Republican pundits hearing Barack Obama and the Democrats.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org