Howard Stern, Marijuana and an Unusual Fish
The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of French press coffee, grab a seat on a swinging chair, and get ready for our longer-form weekend reads:
- GMO’s Mean-Reversion Strategy Is Tested in Today’s Market (Institutional Investor)
- Silicon Is Just Sand: Money, murder, and sadomasochism. A journey into the hidden world of the Los Angeles tech boom. (Epic)
- Elon Musk Says It’s "Pencils Down" for Tesla’s Model 3 (Bloomberg); see also Why Do We Haggle For Cars? (Priceonomics)
- Confessor. Feminist. Adult. What the Hell Happened to Howard Stern? (New York Times)
- What Does the Average Cannabis Consumer Look Like? (Headset)
- A Grand and Disastrous Deceit: "The Report of the Iraq Inquiry" (London Review of Books)
- A Republican intellectual explains why the Republican Party is going to die (Vox)
- A Fish So Coveted People Have Smuggled, Kidnapped, and Killed For It (Longreads)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview with Gianni Kovacevic, a venture capital investor and energy expert who just drove a Tesla from Toronto, to Boston, to Florida, then to the Tesla factory in California.
How long can the Fed ignore the uptrend in inflation?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com