Love, the Clintons and the Politics of Marriage
1. Jennifer Victor on why party platforms matter.
2. Meredith Conroy at the Monkey Cage on gendered presidential elections.
3. Natalie Jackson and Janie Velencia at the Huffington Post look at Gary Johnson's support in the polls.
4. Nate Silver on why the Democratic nomination contest was a blowout. Yup. I’m still convinced it was the second-easiest nomination of the modern (post-1968) era, after Al Gore in 2000. And that Donald Trump's victory was the narrowest since the 1976 Gerald Ford/Ronald Reagan cliffhanger. Silver brings some data.
5. And Alyssa Rosenberg on Bill and Hillary Clinton, and politics and marriage.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org