Dresses, Party Divides and Trump's Chances
1. Bethany Albertson and Shana Kushner Gadarian on fear and the 2016 election.
2. Julia Azari at FiveThirtyEight on the Democrats’ Trump-centric platform.
3. Ariel Edwards-Levy and Natalie Jackson at the Huffington Post have new data on the divided Republican Party.
4. Sean Trende argues that Donald Trump could very well win. I think the numbers still don’t look especially good for Trump, and I think the jury is still out on whether Hillary Clinton turns out to be a “damaged” candidate or not -- but Trende is arguing against those who just dismiss the possibility Trump could win, and he’s correct to do so.
5. Andrew Sprung looks carefully at Michelle Obama's speech.
6. Jaime Fuller celebrates the roll call of the states at the party conventions.
7. And Vanessa Friedman at the New York Times on Michelle Obama’s dress Monday night. Yes, I know, no one wrote about what Bill Clinton wore, but never mind that and read this now.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org