Protests, Traditions, Errors and Evangelicals
1. Michael Heaney at the Monkey Cage on the protesters in Cleveland.
2. Jonathan Ladd at Mischiefs of Faction on old convention traditions that no longer fit. All correct -- but it was the reaction to Ted Cruz’s speech, including by Donald Trump himself, that made it a huge event.
3. Also at Mischiefs of Faction, Seth Masket on unforced errors.
4. Alexander Burns on Trump’s predecessors.
5. Sarah Posner on Trump and evangelicals.
6. My Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O'Brien on Trump’s management skills, or lack thereof.
7. And Slate’s Fred Kaplan on Trump’s foreign-policy comments.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org