Government Playbook for Prosecutors Should Be Public
An appeals court has held that the Department of Justice need not make public a guide book that tells federal prosecutors what information they must give to defense attorneys. The decision is legally wrong, as two of the three judges said in a concurring opinion. The government's so-called Blue Book is an important document that deserves public scrutiny. The full court should reverse the panel’s decision, or else the Supreme Court should.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals