VP Picks, the Media and Newt Gingrich
1. Dave Hopkins makes a fair point: We should pay attention to running-mate selections for the clues they provide about the nominee’s intended presidency.
2. Matthew Dickinson at Vox shows how the media helped Donald Trump win the nomination.
3. Julia Azari at Mischiefs of Faction steps back to think broadly about how change happens in U.S. politics.
4. At the Monkey Cage, William Bendix and Paul J. Quirk look at congressional proposals for giving the FBI new powers.
5. Really nice Julia Ioffe piece at Politico Magazine on the basics of Newt Gingrich.
6. And Erik Wemple on the media, direct and devastating.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org