Campaign Deficits and the Hillary Clinton Gap
1. Eric McGhee and Mindy Romero at the Monkey Cage on how California’s new automatic voter registration will work -- and why the way it is implemented matters.
2. Bert Johnson and Matt Dickinson talk about the presidential election.
3. It doesn’t matter (at least for electoral reasons) where the national conventions are held. Seth Masket for Pacific Standard.
4. William Spaniel at the Monkey Cage on the likely results of Donald Trump’s ideas on reopening the Iran deal.
5. Ezra Klein on Hillary Clinton.
6. From the AP’s Steve Peoples and Julie Bykowicz, more reporting on the Republican campaign deficit in 2016.
7. And Greg Sargent at the Plum Line on the candidates and unifying the nation.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com