Nobody Wants to Go to Cleveland's Convention
1. Julia Azari at FiveThirtyEight looks at which states are hospitable to third-party presidential candidates.
2. Jana von Stein at the Monkey Cage on international agreements against child labor -- and why they fail.
3. Excellent piece in the Economist on understanding what voters are saying.
4. Alex Massie on the predictable consequences of Leave.
5. Jonathan Chait is correct that this is not 1968.
6. Jeff Greenfield looks at running mate selection, which certainly did matter a lot once.
7. And nobody wants to go to Cleveland. No, it’s not the city. Douglas Trattner reports.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com