Rubio's Rerun and Republican Rules
1. You want to know about lawlessness in the House? No, not the sit-in. Norm Ornstein has the story of the persecution of a civil servant by House Republicans. Ugly. And not an isolated incident, either.
2. Dave Hopkins on Marco Rubio’s decision to run for re-election. I had thought the better path for Rubio was to run for governor in Florida (in 2018), but I can see it this way, too.
3. The latest from Frontloading HQ’s Josh Putnam about Dump Trump and the convention's Rules Committee. He’s more pessimistic than I am about the prospects for Dump Trump, and I’m pretty skeptical myself -- and Putnam knows the details about rules and the Rules Committee as well as anyone, and certainly better than me.
4. Brendan Nyhan at the Upshot about what some of Donald Trump’s supporters might be thinking about his policy statements -- and why it might be rational to back irrational positions.
5. Fernando Casal Bertoa at the Monkey Cage on the election in Spain.
6. Natalie Jackson updates on (excellent) changes at HuffPollster, including fixing a glitch that had the presidential general election estimates a bit off.
7. Tim Mak at the Daily Beast looks at the Trump campaign and its use of Trump vendors.
8. And Jason Zengerle at GQ with a long look at an Alabama scandal.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org