Competition, Brexit and Hiding From the Media
1. Seth Masket identifies another problem with California’s top-two election system.
2. Dan Drezner on the Syria cable.
3. Rick Hasen at CNN on big money and the 2016 election.
4. Eitan Hersh at FiveThirtyEight makes a fair point about competition in U.S. elections.
5. Annie Lowrey on Brexit and Donald Trump.
6. And at the Fix, Chris Cillizza notes that it’s been 200 days since Hillary Clinton’s last news conference. Yes, that’s pathetic. And awful. Yes, she's had many one-on-one interviews, but that's no excuse.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com