The Long Life of Political Parties
1. Morris Levy and Matthew Wright at the Monkey Cage report their research about what sparks anti-immigrant feelings.
2. Seth Masket on the life of political parties.
3. At Vox, Jeff Stein talks to Dave Hopkins about Bernie Sanders and where the Democrats are headed.
4. Very good summary from David Graham of the “there is no Trump campaign” situation.
5. Nate Cohn at the Upshot looks at demographics and the 2016 election. Excellent item, but I’m not sure about his interpretation that this is relatively good for Donald Trump.
6. Clare Malone at FiveThirtyEight looks at long-term public opinion about a woman as president.
7. Kevin Drum: Game theory shows Republicans believe Hillary Clinton didn’t really commit crimes. Perhaps. On the other hand, calling for a special prosecutor is a safe move as long as they’re certain one will not be appointed, whether or not they really believe she’s guilty of anything.
8. And a must-read from my Bloomberg View colleague Timothy L. O'Brien on Donald Trump, movie star.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org