Clinton's Early Lead and Going On the Attack
1. At the Monkey Cage, Tobias Konitzer and David Rothschild have evidence of an increasing Hillary Clinton lead over Donald Trump.
2. Rick Hasen on money and political equality. He and I disagree on much, but he’s essential reading on the topic.
3. At Frontloading HQ, Josh Putnam corrects the record on the Hunt Commission and the primary calendar. I’d add: As important as the parties are (and Democratic Party actors clearly lined up with Clinton in this cycle, and that mattered), the national formal party organizations -- the DNC and the RNC -- are rarely very influential within the parties at all.
4. Slate’s Dahlia Lithwick on how Trump is following Republican examples in attacking a judge.
5. And my Bloomberg View colleague Francis Wilkinson on where the Republican Party goes next.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org