Welcome to a New Era in Election Polling
1. Dave Hopkins: No, the Democratic nomination fight wasn’t a close call ...
2. ... while Seth Masket at Pacific Standard argues that the Democratic Party appears to be a healthy one.
3. Erica Marat at the Monkey Cage on the violence that was missing from the protests in Kazakhstan.
4. Jim Rutenberg on Donald Trump and the media. Remember: One of the reasons that saturation coverage worked for Trump in the nomination fight is that voters in primaries have nothing to anchor them to one candidate or another -- and that they probably know little or nothing about most candidates. Neither will be true in the general election, even if Trump does manage to dominate the news media.
5. Paul Waldman at the Plum Line on Trump versus the Republicans.
6. Kevin Drum is still waiting on Trump to deliver on some of his more dubious commitments.
7. Don’t miss a history of polling -- and where it leaves us now -- from Mark Blumenthal.
8. My Bloomberg View colleague Paula Dwyer interviews Jacob Hacker about Hillary Clinton's policy agenda.
9. And Eric Ostermeier notes the possibility of two Senator Dan Sullivans from Alaska and looks into the history of same-state, same-name legislators.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com