It's All Rigged! Whatever That Means.
1. Lynn Vavreck at the Upshot on framing and the 2016 election.
2. Jonathan Ladd at Mischiefs of Faction on the dangers of an ideological party ...
3. ... while Julia Azari, also at MoF, focuses on the post-Marco Rubio attempts to stop Donald Trump. I continue to believe that coordination on Rubio after Iowa was relatively successful -- but ineffective. That is, the party sent a normal signal, but (for various reasons) voters never really heard it. I agree the post-Rubio #NeverTrump efforts were badly handicapped by a lack of a viable candidate.
4. Jonathan Chait on how Trump un-hijacked the Tea Party.
5. One of the very best things I’ve seen about the supposedly angry electorate from Cook Report’s Amy Walter.
6. Ann Friedman at the Cut on “ugly” women.
7. Slate’s Fred Kaplan on Sykes-Picot and what really is wrong in the Middle East.
8. And Jaime Fuller on how everything is “rigged” these days.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com