Don't Waste Your Money on Trump or Clinton
If you want to make a difference in politics, Jonathan Bernstein says you shouldn't bother donating to a presidential candidate. Instead, invest like the Koch brothers do -- in congressional and state races.
Europe and Investment Banking Are a Bad Match
European investment banks are losing market share, and Leonid Bershidsky isn't surprised: Wall Street's culture of all-encompassing greed doesn't translate well abroad.
The Advantages of Houston's 'Zoning Lite'
The Unspoken Reason the TSA Is So Terrible
Frequent flier Megan McArdle has a theory about those endless airport security lines: In a bureaucracy, good work doesn't pay, but slow work might.
Why the U.S. Keeps Expanding Gun Rights
Over the past decade, the courts have started treating the Second Amendment as if it were the First -- with a special degree of protection. Noah Feldman examines how judges have reinvented gun ownership as an (almost) fundamental right.
- The pain gap: earning returns vs. enduring returns. (Motley Fool)
- Underperforming fund managers seem to dodge Darwinian capitalism (FT)
- What? Trump qualified for a tax break for New Yorkers making $500K or less (Crain's New York)
(Read Barry Ritholtz's full daily news roundup.)
- Landlords are catching retail's cold
- Apple takes on the home teams in India
- A Pandora sale was wishful thinking before, and still is
(Read more from BV's sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.