Hillary Clinton, the Next Harry Truman?
1. Norm Ornstein asks whether the current Congress is the worst ever. Plausible!
2. At the Monkey Cage, Jeffrey Smith and Maggie Dwyer on change coming (perhaps) to Gambia.
3. Scott Lemieux on why single-payer (but not universal) health care is a pipe dream in the U.S.
4. Hillary Clinton as the next Harry Truman? Jonathan Chait makes the case.
5. There’s really no reason to focus on the electoral college at this point, but David Wasserman at least does it well over at FiveThirtyEight.
6. Great reporting from Steven Yaccino at Bloomberg Politics on the remaining undecided superdelegates, including this gem: “Sanders’ supporters are forcefully making the same pitch, flooding party leaders with sometimes hostile e-mails and phone calls.”
7. Good Byron York item at the Washington Examiner on the Republicans’ ex-president problem. My guess? Part of this is that George W. Bush just doesn’t care much about politics and public affairs.
8. And the Upshot’s Nate Cohn looks at whether live-interview general election polling might be understating Trump’s support.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com