Democratic Women and Trump's Manliness Cult
1. Dave Hopkins on post-nomination reconciliation in both parties.
2. Michael Tesler at the Monkey Cage looks at trade as an election issue.
3. NPR’s Jessica Taylor looks at all the Democratic women running for U.S. Senate this year.
4. Great Jonathan Chait item on Donald Trump and manliness.
5. Jon Ralston reports on what Bernie Sanders supporters did at the state Democratic convention in Nevada.
6. Josh Stewart at the Sunlight Foundation gives us a nice comparison to get a sense of what anti-Trump spending during the Republican nomination contest was like ...
7. ... while Brian Beutler has an excellent analysis of negative Trump news stories. Two things to add: One is that quite a few of those negative Trump stories actually showed up earlier, but they were drowned out by all the other things going on in the saturation coverage. The other, which Beutler and others have touched on, is just how much of the “negative” Trump information was likely to help the reality-TV star win a plurality of Republican primary voters while hurting him with everybody else.
8. Greg Sargent at the Plum Line has the Hillary Clinton strategy against Trump.
9. Vox’s Sarah Kliff on states with no remaining Obamacare competition.
10. And the HuffPollster team reports on the flood of polls released during this year’s presidential primaries.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com