Party Splits, War Powers and Debt Kings
1. Casey Dominguez at the New York Times on why a split Republican Party should cost Donald Trump in November -- but also why this year could be different.
2. Andrew Rudalevige on Congress and war powers. I agree: The solution here isn’t in the courts. It’s for Congress to take action.
3. Spencer Ackerman and Sabrina Siddiqui at the Guardian on Trump, the Republicans and this year’s defense authorization bill.
4. My Bloomberg View colleague and Trump expert Timothy L. O'Brien on Donald Trump, king of debt.
5. And Matt Fuller at the Huffington Post has the latest on House budget maneuvers.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com