Party Precedent and the Physics of Politics
2. At the Monkey Cage, John Sides and Andrew Gelman on why we shouldn’t expect a totally different electoral map in 2016.
3. Molly Reynolds at Brookings on obstacles to passing appropriations bills this year.
4. Brendan Nyhan at the Upshot looks at the fundamentals for the 2016 presidential election and why they might not predict the outcome this time.
5. Back to the Monkey Cage, where Boris Heersink and Jeffery A. Jenkins look at the precedents and the importance of party disunity. What’s happening now in the Republican Party is extraordinary.
6. My Bloomberg View colleague Justin Fox on an economic view of #NeverTrump options.
7. And Sarah Posner on Donald Trump, Christian conservatives and the Republican Party.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org