The Four Horsemen of the Republican Apocalypse
Pundits are blaming Donald Trump for bringing down the GOP, but he couldn't have done it alone: Megan McArdle credits Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and John Kasich for wrecking their party's chances this fall. Meanwhile, Ramesh Ponnuru considers what Trump would need to do to defeat Hillary Clinton, and Cass Sunstein mulls over The Donald's psychological appeal.
What the Next President Will Mean for Your Portfolio
The short answer is: not much. Barry Ritholtz explains why it matters less than you think whether Trump, Clinton or anyone else wins the White House.
Easy Money Isn't the Answer for Japan
The Bank of Japan and the Abe administration have been trying to spur growth with lots and lots of cash, but Michael Schuman says that's exactly the wrong approach: Policy makers should instead focus on preserving wealth.
Pom-Poms and Precedents
- How testosterone and stress affect financial decision-making (Alpha Architect)
- The super-rich were the first to bail during the financial crisis (Bloomberg)
- How well is financial engineering working out for shareholders? Look at Valeant and SunEdison (WSJ)
(Read Barry Ritholtz's full daily news roundup.)
- Takata's care factor zero
- Relypsa breaks a biotech commandment by borrowing money
- Tesla's challenges set to accelerate to ludicrous speed
(Read more from BV's sister site for fast business commentary.)
Get Share the View every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.