Hedge Funds, Millennials and Warren Buffett
Get ready! It's our two-for-Tuesday morning train reads:
- How Americans Blow $1.7 Trillion in Retirement Savings (Bloomberg)
- Sweet little lies: How to read between the lines of companies’ accounts (Economist), see also Valeant May Be Tip of Accounting Iceberg (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Puerto Rico’s debt crisis, explained (Vox)
- Activists Have Declared War on Hedge Funds — and They Might Be Winning (New York), see also Hedge Funds Under Attack as Cohen Says Skilled People Are Scarce (Bloomberg)
- The Dollar is Weakening: Commodity Bulls Rejoice (Barron’s)
- Millennials love clean energy, fear climate change, and don’t vote. This campaign wants to change that. (Vox), see also Baby Boomers, Just Eclipsed by Millennials, Will Soon Be No. 3 (Real Time Economics)
- Warren Buffett’s Epic Rant Against Wall Street (MoneyBeat)
- Bernie’s Failed Revolution (Politico), see also Insiders: Clinton would crush Trump in November (Politico)
- When gadgets were king (Verge)
- The inexplicable and relentless rise of cancer-drug prices (Wonkblog), see also The Secret Culprit in the Theranos Mess (Vanity Fair)
What are you reading?
How share repurchases boost earnings without improving returns
To contact the author of this story:
Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Zara Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.