How to Play the Woman Card (Whatever That Is)
1. Dave Hopkins on Donald Trump and the Republican Party.
2. Seth Masket at Mischiefs of Faction on how short-term thinking often guides vice presidential selections.
3. Jonathan Chait on Trump, patsy for Vladimir Putin. I don’t disagree exactly, but I mainly think Trump's ignorance makes him an easy mark for lots of people.
4. My Bloomberg View colleague Justin Fox walks us through the Bloomberg ECO U.S. Surprise Index.
5. The Huffington Post's Jennifer Bendery tried asking Republican women in the House and Senate about the “woman card.”
6. And Jaime Fuller at MTV finds six “woman card” possibilities other than whatever Trump is talking about.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org