Don't Call It a Bernie Sanders Movement
1. Rick Hasen at CNN asks whether the current presidential nomination processes are sufficiently democratic. As (mainly) a defender of how the parties choose to organize their affairs, I do think caucus states should find ways to allow better access. It's not that caucuses aren't democratic; it's that parties aren't democratic if they impose tough hurdles against participation.
2. Jamelle Bouie at Slate on what a real Bernie Sanders movement would look like.
3. Also at Slate: Dahlia Lithwick on what isn't happening at the Supreme Court this term.
4. Jonathan Cohn at the Huffington Post on the differences between how Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders approach policy.
5. And Alex Isenstadt and Shane Goldmacher at Politico on the latest rules fight within the Republican Party.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com