Elevators, Conspiracies, Rules and Misconceptions
1. Jacob Smith at the Monkey Cage on elevators and politics in North Carolina.
2. At the National Review, Liam Donovan explains why no one should be afraid of Republican Rule 40B. Rules will matter if there's a contested Republican convention. Credentials challenges will matter. That particular rule just doesn't.
3. Paul Waldman at the Week on Hillary Clinton, defender of politics.
4. I think Jonathan Chait undersells the extent to which Donald Trump really has been outside the Republican Party, but he's quite correct that those inside the party have been paving the way for rank-and-file voters to buy into his conspiracy thinking.
5. And my Bloomberg View colleague Megan McArdle explains why you may be wrong about what your fellow citizens are thinking.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com