Bernie Sanders Didn't Do Women Any Favors
1. Clare Malone and Julia Azari at FiveThirtyEight on why what Bernie Sanders said about Hillary Clinton might be damaging -- not to Clinton, but to other ambitious women.
2. Elaine Denny at the Monkey Cage on Donald Trump, losing and conservatives.
3. Also at the Monkey Cage, Amy Erica Smith looks at whether the U.S. still believes in democracy.
4. Molly Reynolds at the Wall Street Journal on the challenges for Speaker Paul Ryan in the next Congress even if Republicans do hold their majority.
5. Jennifer Bendery at the Huffington Post reminds us that it’s not just the Supreme Court: Senate Republicans are slow-walking or just outright refusing to act on many judicial nominations.
6. And here at Bloomberg View, Justin Fox looks at why it’s so expensive to build infrastructure in the U.S.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com