The Church of Donald Trump
1. At the Monkey Cage, Geoffrey Layman looks at evangelicals' support for Donald Trump.
2. Dan Drezner talks bureaucracy and foreign policy. I’ll add that while most of these problems are, as Drezner says, inherent in the way the government is organized, a president could push things in a different direction. Barack Obama has appeared, as far as I know, utterly indifferent to these kinds of bureaucratic incentives and potential dysfunctions. It’s been one of his weaknesses from the beginning.
3. Emily Crockett at Vox on how voters in November will respond to a female presidential nominee.
4. My Bloomberg View colleague Justin Fox on the Kansas experiment.
5. Jonathan Chait runs the numbers on Obamacare at age 6.
6. And National Journal’s Kimberly Railey on how Democrats have failed to recruit a strong class of House candidates. Some filing deadlines have not passed yet; we’ll see whether the possibility of a big year for Democrats (if Trump or Ted Cruz heads the Republican ticket) helps Democratic recruiting.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com