It's Going to Be a Very Interesting Republican Convention
1. No, the changes in rules and procedures that Republicans have made since 2012 aren’t the reason Donald Trump is leading. Josh Putnam explains.
2. Dave Hopkins on the prospects of a contested convention overturning Trump.
3. Brendan Nyhan on institutional failure and Trump.
4. Julia Azari on the history of “law and order.”
5. Kevin Drum on waste, fraud and abuse.
6. Philip Klein at the Washington Examiner on the willingness of Trump supporters in the conservative media to ignore his record.
7. James Fallows on Trump’s ignorance about government and public affairs -- and practically everything else he’s been asked about.
8. And Josh Voorhees at Slate has a long look at what would (and might) happen at a contested Republican convention.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org