Donald Trump, the New Terminator
1. Seth Masket compares Arnold Schwarzenegger’s run in California to what Donald Trump is doing now.
2. At the Monkey Cage, Barbara Perry has some of the history of filling Supreme Court vacancies.
3. Essential reading from Hilzoy on how Republicans were self-Trumped. While I generally agree with the basic point that Republicans have taught their voters to embrace Trumpism, I still think there’s a good chance that strong opposition from a sufficiently large group of high-profile Republicans could make a difference.
4. In the New York Times, Trip Gabriel writes about delegate selection on the Republican side.
5. Nate Silver on whether #NeverTrump really means #NeverTrump.
6. And a good dialogue at the Upshot between Nate Cohn and Justin Wolfers on the state of the Republican nomination battle.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org