Voters Aren't Fussy About Politicians' Promises
1. Bertram Johnson, Margot Graham, Nora Lenhard, Hazel Millard and Andrew Plotch at the Monkey Cage conducted research on how voters think about electability and policy -- with unexpected results.
2. Also at the Monkey Cage, Barbara Norrander on the gender gap.
3. Mischiefs of Faction’s Julia Azari on Donald Trump and Chris Christie.
4. Janell Ross at the Fix on Hillary Clinton, Ashley Williams, and protest and promises on the campaign trail.
5. Sarah Posner at the Week on how Republican attacks on Muslims created the audience for Trump.
6. Callum Borchers defends CNN’s choice of giving Ben Carson minimal time at Thursday’s debate. I agree completely.
7. Yahoo’s Olivier Knox on Carson’s Secret Service protection.
8. The Fix’s Chris Cillizza has a great interview with Republican operative Stuart Stevens about stopping Trump.
9. Excellent reporting and analysis of what happened in South Carolina for the Democrats from Slate’s Jamelle Bouie.
10. And Dan Drezner pushes a bit harder on his theory that political scientists -- myself included -- are to blame for Trump. I’d still like more evidence before accepting this one. It seems to me that it was easy to dismiss Trump’s chances for lots of other reasons. If any Republican operatives are reading this, let me know what you think.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Katy Roberts at email@example.com