Conservatives Paved Trump's Way
1. At the Monkey Cage, Torben Iversen and David Soskice argue in favor of partisan polarization for voters.
2. Jonathan Cohn writes about re-hospitalizations and Obamacare.
3. Noah Berlatsky on term limits for Supreme Court justices (including a few quotes from me). I remain ambivalent about this one.
4. Ross Douthat on what Marco Rubio is up to.
5. I think Jonathan Chait is generally correct here: Trump is no conservative, but conservatives have paved the way for him.
6. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has a whole bunch of charts about how welfare reform is doing.
7. Good reminder from my View colleague Megan McArdle that one person’s health care spending is another person’s job. So cutting spending on health care? Not victimless.
8. Greg Sargent, before last night’s debate, argued that the problem with Rubio’s attacks on Trump is that Trump’s voters side with him and against conservatives on policy.
9. And one from my View colleague Leonid Bershidsky I can get behind: Legalize betting on U.S. elections!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Paula Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org