How Bernie Sanders Makes Hillary Clinton Better
1. Dave Hopkins on Nevada and South Carolina.
2. At Brookings, John Hudak on what the Bernie Sanders challenge means for Hillary Clinton going forward. I have some disagreements with some specific points -- I think Clinton was a strong campaign-finance reformer before Sanders entered the race, one of the things I most dislike about her -- but overall I agree that the nomination battle has been good for the party and for Clinton.
3. Nate Cohn at the Upshot concludes that Clinton likely won the Hispanic vote in Nevada, entrance polls notwithstanding.
4. Cook Political Report’s Amy Walter on the results in Nevada and South Carolina.
5. Good Nate Silver item describing the case for and against Donald Trump’s prospects.
6. Jon Ralston on how Harry Reid mattered in Nevada.
7. And my Bloomberg View colleague Francis Wilkinson thinks about what a Trump Republican Party would really be like. It’s a good question.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com