Donald Trump Gets Orwellian
1. Matthew Hitt at Mischiefs of Faction looks at Barack Obama’s strategy for filling the Supreme Court vacancy.
2. Dan Drezner finds Donald Trump to be Orwellian.
3. Bookmark this one: Nate Silver estimates what Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have to do in each state in order to win the nomination.
4. Paul Krugman on how the Sanders campaign threatens what had been a liberal dedication to reality-based analysis. I think I was ahead of the curve on this one, and I’m happy to see so many liberals (including some who have policy preferences closer to Sanders's than to Clinton's) jumping on board.
5. NPR’s Pam Fessler checks in on the increasing commitment by liberals to automatic voting registration.
6. Good Harry Enten item at FiveThirtyEight on the Republican Party choosing Marco Rubio ...
7. ... while the Upshot’s Nate Cohn looks carefully at how delegate allocation rules will affect candidate choices.
8. Also at the Upshot, Alicia Parlapiano and Margot Sanger-Katz on ideology and the Supreme Court.
9. And Sarah Posner at Rolling Stone: “Donald Trump Is Jealous of the Pope.”
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org