Delegate Math and the Obama Effect
1. The "Obama effect" and Democratic primary voters, from Michael Tesler at the Monkey Cage.
2. Lynn Vavreck at the Upshot looks at what Donald Trump and the Republicans have done to the party's image among Hispanic voters. Not pretty.
3. Must-read John Sides interview of Josh Putnam on all the delegate math in the presidential nomination contest. At the Monkey Cage.
4. Here at Bloomberg View, a good Al Hunt look back at the 1976 Republican convention and what it says about a potentially contested 2016 edition. He's absolutely correct that rules fights will be important. Remember, though: In some states, the delegates may follow leaders, but not all will. If we ever get a contested convention. Which still seems very unlikely to me.
5. And Slate's Dahlia Lithwick explains what Barack Obama looks for in a Supreme Court justice.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org