The Trouble With Fundraising and Twitter Talk
1. At Mischiefs of Faction, Greg Koger says that the problem with fundraising is ... fundraising. I suspect the solution is a politician revolt against it. Hard to imagine plausible reforms that would solve this particular problem.
2. At the Monkey Cage, Mary Nugent and Emma Pierson look at how people on Twitter talk about Hillary Clinton.
3. Could automatic voter registration be headed to Connecticut? Election Academy's Doug Chapin reports.
4. Timothy J. Ryan and David Broockman at the Monkey Cage on polarization and representation. Interesting.
5. And the Washington Post's Rachel Weiner profiles two retiring members of the House, both from Virginia -- and asks what it means about the Republican Party.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com