What Comes After Iowa?
1. At the Monkey Cage, David Peterson and Tessa Ditonto have an in-depth look at shifts in Republican voter support over time.
2. Jennifer Victor at Mischiefs of Faction gives some historical perspective to Iowa and what comes next.
3. BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins and Christopher Massie profile Mike Murphy, maestro of Jeb Bush's super-PAC. Only one quibble: Bush, not Murphy, bears the main responsibility for Murphy's scorched-earth campaign against the Republican field. Bush -- or Bush's supporters -- could have shut it down if they wanted to.
4. Nate Silver's analysis of the Republicans going into Iowa ...
5. ... while Amy Walter of Cook Political Report runs down the electoral case against Donald Trump.
6. Jonathan Cohn on Ted Cruz and Obamacare.
7. And Mark Schmitt at Polyarchy on Trump as technocrat. Sort of. Very interesting.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org