Jeb Bush Arrives, Donald Trump Divides
1. Andrew Sabl at the Monkey Cage on demagogues, the Constitution and political parties. Regular readers of mine will not be surprised that I strongly disagree with his characterization of the role of the parties -- I generally think they promote responsible governing -- but please read Sabl for the opposing view.
2. Matthew Dickinson looks in on Jeb Bush and is impressed.
3. Sarah Posner on Jerry Falwell Jr. and divisions among Christian conservatives.
4. Good Nate Silver debate wrap, especially his point about how hard it is for attentive outsiders to put themselves in the shoes of undecided Iowa voters.
5. Paul Waldman is exactly correct that Republicans simply can’t trust Donald Trump.
6. Nice Jamelle Bouie item at Slate on where Bernie Sanders needs to improve what he’s doing.
7. And smart stuff from Kevin Drum about Trump -- and about journalism.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org