Big Rallies, Not-So-Big Results
1. Dan Drezner on Barack Obama's Iran hostage crisis -- one of the briefest of the president's Katrinas.
2. Matthew Dickinson reports from a Donald Trump rally.
3. At Mischiefs of Faction, Jonathan Ladd on ideology and the magazine business.
4. John Sides at the Monkey Cage on why large campaign rallies may not produce big vote totals.
5. Also at the Monkey Cage, Andrew Rudalevige on Obama's State of the Union speech -- and some history.
6. Yup, political scientists have studied Veepstakes. Jordan Ragusa at Rule 22 discusses the research, and what it means for Nikki Haley.
7. Heather Hurlburt at Quartz on partisan polarization.
8. And Ezra Klein at Vox on the differences between Democrats and Republicans.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org