Food Stamps and the Bill Clinton Question
1. At the Monkey Cage, Andrew Gelman on public opinion and ideology.
2. John Patty at Mischiefs of Faction on Donald Trump, the nomination and the Republican Party.
3. Jason Lyall at the Monkey Cage on growing Taliban strength in Afghanistan.
4. Robert Greenstein at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities talks food stamps.
5. Great catch by Brian Beutler: Why aren’t the Democratic candidates pushing a public option on health insurance? That the public option would become an absolute litmus test for Democratic candidates in 2010 and beyond was probably my all-time worst prediction. I’m baffled, too.
6. The FiveThirtyEight presidential primary (and caucus) predictions are here.
7. Jim Tankersley on Twitter: “Trump is basically the only GOP candidate on television, and has been for a month.”
8. And Act Four’s Alyssa Rosenberg on how fictionalized versions of Hillary Clinton have answered the Bill question.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org