Huckabee Loses Again and Thanks, Obama!
1. I’m not much for campaign finance reform, but I agree with Lee Drutman about one thing: Whatever else anyone thinks about the current fundraising system, the demands on politicians’ time are awful and indefensible.
2. At the Monkey Cage, John Sides explains recent research that suggests how to defeat racially coded messages.
3. Nate Silver sets out three ways of understanding the Donald Trump phenomenon. Excellent; my only nitpick is that political scientists have been even more ready to embrace the “media bubble” theory than the “party chooses” theory. And I still think Silver is a bit too optimistic about Trump’s chances. But a terrific overview.
4. Philip Klein at the Washington Examiner on conservatives and Trump.
5. From Sarah Posner: “Inside the Rubio-Cruz Battle for Evangelical Voters.”
6. Ed Kilgore on what’s happened to Mike Huckabee.
7. And Jaime Fuller has the “thanks, Obama” list.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com