The Bill Clinton Question and Some Bad News
1. At FiveThirtyEight, Anne Pluta analyzes Donald Trump’s supporters as “misinformed” and explains how that helps Trump.
2. Josh Huder at Rule 22 runs down Congress's (very slim) agenda for 2016.
3. New York magazine’s Annie Lowrey surveys the dangers to the U.S. economy from turbulence abroad.
4. Ross Douthat explains how Trump loses.
5. Plum Line’s Greg Sargent asks a good question: What does it mean to call Bill Clinton’s past “fair game” in the 2016 campaign?
6. Rich Lowry argues that Ted Cruz is Nixon, not Goldwater. Plausible! And not, I would think, reassuring to conservatives. But note: Nixon would have been a disaster at the top of the ticket in 1952.
7. And this is bad news, from Vox’s Michelle Hackman. Ugh.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at email@example.com