GOP Lightens Up on Trump
1. Norm Ornstein on Trumpism. A must-read. If anything, Ornstein isn’t tough enough on the corrosive effects of Newt Gingrich.
2. Mark Lynch at the Monkey Cage on the Iran-Saudi Arabia conflict.
3. I’m glad someone wrote this up: Brian Beutler at the New Republic notices that Donald Trump’s call to “take their oil” is even more nonsensical than his claim that Mexico would pay for a border wall.
4. While my View colleague Francis Wilkinson explains Trump’s big missed opportunity.
5. Byron York at the Washington Examiner on why organized Republicans go easy on Trump.
6. Slate’s Jamelle Bouie on the Oregon confrontation.
7. And a bit of fun: At the Monkey Cage, Alissa Ardito considers what Machiavelli would say about the Republican contenders.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Katy Roberts at email@example.com