Ritholtz's Reads: Living a Distraction-Free Life
Well, that was an interesting week. Finish strong with our free-range morning train reads:
• Amazon Is Capturing Bigger Slice of U.S. Online Holiday Spending (Bloomberg)
• Remember When (Wealth of Common Sense) see also The Junk Bond Rout That Wasn’t (NYT)
• Case closed: Apple’s dud might do alright (MacWorld)
• Gate Keepers from Hell (A Teachable Moment)
• Rebuilding the Middle Class the Army Way (NYT)
• Why Are Drug Monopolies Running Amok? Meet Deborah Feinstein (The Intercept)
• 10 Unconventional Habits to Live Distraction-Less (Becoming Minimalist) see also How I Turned My iPhone Into a Simple, Distraction-Free Device (Lifehacker)
• Leaked: Secret catalog of gadgets police and feds can use to spy on your cellphone (boingboing)
• A Year in Search 2015 (Google Trends)
• The Case for the Empire: Everything you think you know about Star Wars is wrong. (Weekly Standard) see also The Radicalization of Luke Skywalker: A Jedi’s Path to Jihad (Decider)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview this weekend with Stephen Roach, former chief economist at Morgan Stanley, current lecturer at Yale.
Commodities Bust? Love It!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org