Some States Have All the Jobs
In November, for the 24th consecutive month, fewer than half of West Virginians aged 16 and over had jobs. It is the only state where this is the case, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And unlike in most other states, the job situation in West Virginia shows no real signs of improving. With its signature industry, coal mining, in deep decline, this economic recovery is passing the state by.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- Black Monday and Long-Term Investors