Should You Fear Your Hoverboard?
Hoverboards are the hot gift this holiday season. Perhaps too hot, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. In recent weeks, the commission has received at least 10 reports of the motorized, self-balancing scooters bursting into flames; new reports are “increasing daily.” In response, Amazon has de-listed most hoverboards, and airlines are banning them from planes. Under fire, the commission's launched an immediate investigation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness