Sorry, Sports Fans. Trump's Muslim Ban Would Be Trouble.
Donald Trump's call to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. has drawn criticism from across the political and cultural spectrum. His dismissiveness of President Barack Obama's contention that "Muslim-Americans are our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes" drew strong rebuttals from two of those very idols: Muhammad Ali and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Trump even apparently failed to think of a single Muslim-American sports figure, despite being photographed numerous times with the likes of Ali, Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- As Kirkuk's Governor Is Forced to Flee, Iran Moves In