Save the Climate With a Sin Tax on SUVs
For all the attention being paid to President Barack Obama's plan for the U.S. to use less coal, remember: It's hard to imagine Americans making a deep enough reduction in carbon emissions unless they start buying more electric cars and fewer pickups and SUVs (at least ones that don't run on batteries).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President