On the Front Lines in Iowa
1. Seth Masket at Pacific Standard looks at what campaigns do to organize in caucus states.
2. At the Monkey Cage, David Anderson and David Peterson look at one reason polls may be overestimating Donald Trump’s support.
3. J. Ann Selzer at Bloomberg Politics reminds us that anything could still happen in Iowa.
4. The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza has a must-read profile of the House Freedom Caucus.
5. Greg Sargent at Plum Line follows up on the question of governing.
6. Kevin Drum’s takeaway is about how conservative media have created impossible pressures for Republican politicians.
7. Dynasty isn’t found among politicians only -- Politico’s Isaac Arnsdorf finds it in campaign staffs of the presidential candidates.
8. Tim Carney at the Washington Examiner reports from Iowa.
9. At Forbes, Stan Collender is more pessimistic about the current Congress than I am.
10. And Brett Di Resta explains what opposition research is and how it works in campaigns.
Get Early Returns every morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Katy Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org